Friday, May 1, 2009

Cameron Foden - The Samson Syndrone - Exhibition

Last night, Cameron Foden, a young designer from Cape Town had an exhibition of nice clothes. This Autumn Winter collection is the designer's first solo collection. I went along under the impression we were going to a fashion show. It was not a fashion show. It was inspiring though.

I really enjoyed a lot of what I saw. A large favourite amongst onlookers (certainly me) was his 'black plated jacket'. It is made of acrylic and enamel on polyester felt."And Samson said, "Let me die with the Philistines." And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were within. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his entire life." - Judges 16v30

This Bible quote was at the bottom of his biography. I meant to ask why, but never got around to it. Good story though.

If you want to see more of his stuff, you can go here.

No comments: