Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Members, #1: Dangerous Douglas

I had this idea a long time ago, but I only am getting my act together now. The Members is a series that I will be running on Smack Talk to get help us learn a little more about band members.
First, we have Douglas MacGregor, the electric guitarist from Desmond & The Tutus.

1. Douglas, are you a student?

No ways man, studying is for people who know what they want out of life. I am more like, "Life, what have you got, I've got a knife and some rope." I love rope and knives.

2. If you studied, what would you be studying?

If I were it would be something like how to make money by fooling people into believing you are working. Like a spy or something.

3. What do you want to be when you get big (besides a muso)?

I thought of becoming a director. It looks like a cool job, and I've got some good ideas.

4. What band are you listening to a lot of at the moment?

I have been listening to far too much Black Keys, I am going to start smoking Gunston if I am not careful.

5. How did you get involved in Desmond & The Tutus?

I played the guitar with Shane and Craig for long, but not serious, Nick and I also used jam a lot. He taught me to play. I am kind of the glue as it were a certain catalyst.

6. What are you hoping to achieve with the release of Tuck Shop?

World fame. People take us quite seriously now that we are a real band and all.

7. Shane getting married, you see this as good, bad or neutral for the band? (Obviously, it is awesome for him!)

Well it is cool for him, but it sucks for me. I have to find a job that can support my lifestyle, Angie won't let me move in with them when they get married so I'll have to find a place to stay too.

8. What dreams have you had for the band that you see being fulfilled in the next five years?

We want to go overseas and play for those bastards there, we'll see though. It looks good. I want Desmond to buy me a house.

9. I remember Craig saying something about you guys wanting to go to Japan. Is that still a dream? Any other long term goals for the band?

No other long term goals. I think those people will flipping dig us. I love watching Japanese people get amped and flip out and kill people. Karate is the coolest art.

Sweet. So that's the first installment. The more we know, the better I reckon. Any band members you want on here, let me know.

No comments: