Monday, January 4, 2010

The xx

The xx are a three piece out of the UK, London more specifically. While I was on my travels I was repeatedly told that I must listen to The xx. Friends' ipods played their tracks and I became accustomed to their rhythmic, mature sound. They released their debut album, xx in August '09 which has been met with two thumbs up from most critics. I stumbled across a few of their tracks on the interwebs. Here are three of the best. There are even elements of Animal Collective and Hot Chip sounding material in their music. The latter band is interesting, as The xx hail from the same school as Hot Chip. Tis great.
The xx Myspace.

Islands (Nosaj Thing Remix) | The xx (zSHARE)

Hot Like Fire | The xx (zSHARE)

Stars (Skinny Friedman DJ Edit) | The xx (zSHARE)

No comments: